- Which of the following is NOT a step in the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) model?
a) What is the vision?
b) Did we get there?
c) Is there budget?
d) Where are we now?
2. What is the RACI model used for?
a) Documenting the roles and relationships of stakeholders in a process or activity
b) Defining requirements for a new service or process
c) Analyzing the business impact of an incident
d) Creating a balanced scorecard showing the overall status of Service Management
3. What is the main reason for establishing a baseline?
a) To standardize operation
b) For knowing the cost of services provided
c) For roles and responsibility to be clear
d) For later comparison
4. Which of the following is NOT an objective of Service Operation?
a) Through testing, to ensure that services are designed to meet business needs
b) To deliver and support IT services
c) To manage the technology used to deliver services
d) To monitor the performance of technology and processes
5. Which of the following statements is CORRECT about patterns of demand generated by the customer’sbusiness?
a) They are driven by patterns of business activity
b) It is impossible to predict how they behave
c) It is impossible to influence demand patterns
d) They are driven by the delivery schedule generated by capacity management
6. Which of the following is NOT one of the ITIL core publications?
a) Service Optimization
b) Service Transition
c) Service Design
d) Service Strategy
7. Which of the following statements is CORRECT?
Only one person can be responsible for an activity
Only one person can be accountable for an activity
a) All of the above
b) 1 only
c) 2 only
d) None of the above
8. Which is the correct sequence of events in the selection of a technology tool?
a) Select Product, Requirements, Selection Criteria, Evaluate Product
b) Selection Criteria, Requirements, Evaluate Product, Select Product
c) Requirements, Selection Criteria, Select Product, Evaluate Product
d) Requirements, Selection Criteria, Evaluate Product, Select Product
9. Which of the following are the three main types of metrics as defined in Continual Service Improvement(CSI)?
a) 1, 2 and 3
b) 2, 4 and 5
c) 1, 3 and 4
d) 1, 2 and 4
10. The priority of an Incident refers to?
a) The relative importance of the Incident based on impact and urgency
b) The speed with which the Incident needs to be resolved
c) The number of staff that will be assigned to work on the Incident so that it is resolved in time
d) The escalation path that will be followed to ensure resolution of the incident
11. The goal of Service Asset and Configuration Management is to?
a) Account for all financial assets of the organization
b) Provide a logical model of the IT infrastructure, correlating IT services and different IT components needed to deliver the services
c) Build service models to justify the ITIL implementations
d) Implement ITIL across the organization
12. Which are the missing Service Operation processes from the following?
a) Event management and Request Fulfillment
b) Event Management and Service Desk
c) Facilities Management and Event Management
d) Change Management and Service Level Management
13. Which of the following identifies two Service Portfolio components within the Service Lifecycle?
a) Requirements Portfolio and Service Catalogue
b) Service Knowledge Management System and Service Catalogue
c) Service Knowledge Management System and Requirements Portfolio
d) Requirements Portfolio and Configuration Management System
14. Which of the following areas would technology help to support during the Service Design phase of the Lifecycle?
Hardware and Software design
a) 1, 3 and 4 only
b) 1, 2 and 3 only
c) All of the above
d) 2, 3 and 4 only
15. Business drivers and requirements for a new service should be considered during?
a) Review of the router operating system patches
b) Review of the current capabilities of IT service delivery
c) The Post Implementation Review (PIR) of a change
d) Decommissioning legacy servers
16. The BEST definition of an event is?
a) An occurrence where a performance threshold has been exceeded and an agreed Service Level has already been impacted
b) An occurrence that is significant for the management of the IT infrastructure or delivery of services
c) A known system defect that generates multiple incident reports
d) A planned meeting of customers and IT staff to announce a new service or improvement program
17. What does the Service V model represent?
a) A strategy for the successful completion of all Service Management projects
b) The path to Service Delivery and Service Support for efficient and effective utilization of resources
c) Levels of Configuration and testing required to deliver a Service Capability
d) The business perspective as perceived by the customer and the user of services
18. Technical Management is NOT responsible for?
a) Maintenance of the technical infrastructure
b) Documenting and maintaining the technical skills required to manage and support the IT infrastructure
c) Defining the Operational Level Agreements for the technical teams
d) Diagnosis of, and recovery from, technical failures
19. The following options are considered within which process?
Big bang vs. Phased
Push and Pull
Automated vs. Manual
a) Incident Management
b) Release and Deployment Management
c) Service Asset and Configuration Management
d) Service Catalogue Management
20. Which of the following activities is Service Level Management responsible for?
a) Design the configuration management system from a business perspective
b) Create technology metrics to align with customer needs
c) Create a customer facing service catalogue
d) Train service desk on how to deal with customer complaints about service
21. When analyzing an outcome for creation of value for customers, what attributes of the service should be considered?
a) Objectives, Metric, Desired outcome
b) Business Objectives, IT objectives, Process metrics
c) Desired outcome, Supplier metrics, IT objectives
d) People, Products, Technology
22. Setting policies and objectives is the primary concern of which of the following elements of the Service Lifecycle?
a) Service Strategy
b) Service Strategy and Continual Service Improvement
c) Service Strategy, Service Transition and Service Operation
d) Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement
23. Which of the following BEST describes the purpose of Event Management?
a) The ability to detect events, make sense of them and determine the appropriate control action
b) The ability to implement monitoring tools
c) The ability to monitor and control the activities of technical staff
d) The ability to report on the successful delivery of services by checking the uptime of infrastructure devices
24. Consider the following statements:
CSI provides guidance on how to improve process efficiency and effectiveness
CSI provides guidance on how to improve services
CSI provides guidance on the improvement of all phases of the service lifecycle
CSI provides guidance on the measurement of processes and services
Which of the above statements is CORRECT?
a)1 and 2 only
c)1, 2 and 3 only
d)All of the above
25. Which of the following statements are CORRECT about Functions?
They provide structure and stability to organizations
They are self-contained units with their own capabilities and resources
They rely on processes for cross-functional coordination and control
They are costlier to implement compared to processes
a) 1, 2 and 3 only
b) 1, 2 and 4 only
c) All of the above
d) None of the above
26. If an organization is able to become more proactive in its ITSM processes, what is likely to happen to support costs?
a) They are likely to increase gradually
b) They are likely to increase dramatically
c) They are likely to gradually reduce
d)They are likely to reduce initially and then gradually return to current level
27. Which of the following statements about Supplier Management is INCORRECT?
a) Supplier Management negotiates internal and external agreements to support the delivery of services
b) Supplier Management ensures that suppliers meet business expectations
c) Supplier Management maintains information in a Supplier and Contracts Database
d) Supplier Management should be involved in all stages of the service lifecycle, from Strategy through Design and Transition to Operations and Improvement
28. Which of the following BEST describes a Local Service Desk structure?
a) A Service Desk that also provides onsite technical support to its users
b) A Service Desk where analysts only speak one language
c) A Service Desk that is situated in the same location as the users it serves
d) A Service Desk that could be in any physical location but uses telecommunications and IT systems to make it appear that they are in the same location
29. What is the role of the Emergency Change Advisory Board (ECAB)?
a) To assist the Change Manager in ensuring that no urgent changes are made during particularly volatile business periods
b) To assist the Change Manager in implementing emergency changes
c) To assist the Change Manager in evaluating emergency changes and to decide whether the change should be approved
d) To assist the Change Manager in speeding up the emergency change process so that no unacceptable delays occur.
30. Which of the following is a good use of a baseline?
a) The desired end state of a project
b) A marker or starting point for later comparison
c) The current desktop models in use
d) The type of testing to be done for a release
31. The main objective of Availability Management is?
a) To monitor and report availability of services and components
b) To ensure that all targets in Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met
c) To guarantee availability levels for services and components
d) To ensure that service availability matches or exceeds the agreed needs of the business
32. Operations Control refers to?
a) The managers of the Technical and Applications Management functions
b) Overseeing the execution and monitoring of IT operational events and activities
c) The tools used to monitor and display the status of the IT Infrastructure and Applications
d) The situation where the Service Desk is required to monitor the status of the infrastructure when Operators are not available
33. Which of the following is a characteristic of every process?
It is measurable
It is timely
It delivers a specific result
It responds to a specific event
It delivers its primary result to a customer or stakeholder
a) 1, 2, 3 and 4 only
b) 1, 2, 4 and 5 only
c) 1, 3, 4 and 5 only
d) All of the above
34 Which of the following is NOT an example of a Service Request?
a) A user calls the Service Desk to order a toner cartridge
b) A user calls the Service Desk because they would like to change the functionality of an application
c) A Manager submits a request for a new employee to be given access to an application
d) A user logs onto an internal website to download a licensed copy of software from a list of approved options
35. A Service Level Package is best described as?
a) A definite level of utility and warranty associated with a core service package
b) A description of customer requirements used to negotiate a Service Level Agreement
c) A description of the value that the customer wants and for which they are willing to pay
d) A document showing the Service Levels achieved during an agreed reporting period
36. Incident Management has a value to the business by?
a) Helping to control infrastructure cost of adding new technology
b) Enabling users to resolve Problems
c) Helping to align people and process for the delivery of service
d) Contributing to the reduction of impact
37. A Service owner is responsible for which of the following?
a) Recommending improvements
b) Designing and documenting a Service
c) Carrying out the Service Operations activities needed to support a Service
d) Producing a balanced scorecard showing the overall status of all Services
38. The four stages of the Deming Cycle are?
a) Plan, Measure, Monitor, Report
b) Plan, Check, Re-Act, Implement
c) Plan, Do, Act, Audit
d) Plan, Do, Check, Act
39. What is the CORRECT order of the first four activities in the 7 Step Improvement Process?
a) Define what you should measure, define what you can measure, gather data and process data
b) Gather data, process data, analyze data and present data
c) What is the vision, where are we now, what do we want to be, how do we get there?
d) Gather data, process data, define what you should measure and define what you can measure
40. Which of the following statements is CORRECT for all processes?
a) They define activities, roles, responsibilities, functions and metrics
b) They create value for stakeholders
c) They are carried out by a Service Provider in support of a Customer
d) They are units of organizations responsible for specific outcomes